Types of massage offered at Fit’n’Well
Please keep in mind that even though I have listed the types of massage offered at FitnWell, you don’t have to choose a particular type. You can just book your appointment and after briefly discussing your needs, your therapist will determine the most suitable type of massage for you.
- The Massage Room at FitnWell is always filled with the scent of handcrafted 100% Soy Wax Candles (made by me!)
- I also make my own massage cream from shae butter, cocoa butter, beeswax, fractionated coconut oil and a blend of essential oils for a fresh fragrance. Our cream leaves your skin feeling moisturised, not oily and greasy like traditional massage oils can do.
- Background music is carefully selected to promote a peaceful atmosphere.
- Our towels are always freshly laundered and the rooms are private while still providing natural light form the balcony window.
- Massage for a specific area of muscular pain or discomfort
- Your therapist will determine the type of massage required and may include a mix of the types of massage listed below
- Lower back pain or discomfort
- Headaches & neck pain or discomfort
- Pain or discomfort between the shoulder blades
- Arm and leg pain or discomfort
- Hip pain or discomfort
- Abdominal and digestive discomfort
- Heated volcanic stones used in the hands of your therapist
- Warming and manipulating the muscles as they travel over your body
- Soft pressure is used if relaxation is the desired outcome
- Deeper pressure is used if a therapeutic outcome is desired
- You will be amazed at how good this feels!
- This is the sort of massage for periods in your life where stress is taking over and you just need to find a way to relax and enjoy life again
- Ideal for a special treat on your day off work
- Full body massage to relieve muscle tension and promote relaxation
- Deep, medium and light pressure are all offered depending on your preference
- Great for a regular fortnightly maintenance massages
- Particularly suited to those who prefer deep pressure used in their massage treatment
- Ideal for releasing muscle tension in specific areas of the body
- Often incorporated into the other modalities listed above
- You can’t perform well if sore muscles are restricting your movement
• Great for sore muscles after a workout or sporting event to restore normal function
• Before and after preparation for a sporting competition or event
• Suitable for serious athletes and recreational exercisers alike
• I understand your exercise demands better than most (10 years a personal trainer as well as a massage therapist)
• This type of massage is typically fast paced and invigorating
- Help relieve sore back and leg muscles
- Helps with relaxation in latter stages of pregnancy
- Helps relieve stress at exam times
- Assist in spots performance
- Parent or guardian to be present during treatment
- Working With Children Check authorisation number WWC1361057E
- Deep gliding motion used to promote better movement by influencing the body’s fascia tissue. Fascia is the connective tissue that bundles muscles and bones together.
- Generally used as part of a standard remedial massage session
- Great for quick lunch time back massages
- Also suited to people with reduced mobility
- Ideal for corporate massage or public massage settings where removal of clothing is not desirable
- I am a fully qualified personal trainer
- Feel free to ask any for exercise or stretching advice to help your condition at home and compliment your massage treatments
Fitnwell Remedial Massage
Suite 2, 82 Argyle Street
0406 429 959